A Taw Valley Facilitation Group event with FWAG South West
The morning began with presentations by speakers Ian Wilkinson of Cotswolds Seeds and Luppo Diepenbroek from the AHDB (Agricultural and Horticultural Development Board) grazing group. Areas of discussion included:
- Improving soil fertility and forage with herbal leys
- Rotational and mob grazing vs set stocking
- Improving drainage and preventing droughts
- Reducing the fertiliser budget and improving resilience
- Health benefits of diverse forage
- Benefits of herbal leys for wildlife and water quality.